Mallori shattered a glass cup while writing a letter to Zoe and her family. I had to stop cooking supper to calm her down (reassure her about 100 times that she was not in trouble, it was an accident) and clean up the mess.
You know you live in the country when you are doing laundry (this is not the time to go into how if I wasn't so behind this couldn't have happened!) and you find a SNAKE in one of your husband's shirts!!! I was ok at first. I called Tyler in to get a closer inspection. I couldn't tell if it was a snake or an earthworm because it was small and slithered away as soon as it saw the light. He just yanked the shirt up (which was between me and the door) and then ran out when I started screaming "IT'S A SNAKE... IT'S A SNAKE!!!" Apparently we scared the little booger as much as he scared us because we had to hunt for about 30 minutes for the it! I was NOT giving up!!! After putting on rubber boots/cowboy boots, we finally found him curled up behind the dryer hose in the corner. We attacked him with a swiffer mop and pulled him out where Tyler proceeded to stomp him to death (I mean literally in half!) You know you really live in the country when you tell your children that you found a "critter" in the house and they guess everything under the sun, spider, tree eater (?), water moccasin, and even baby snake. But shhh we didn't tell them what it actually was, didn't want them to have nightmares.
I took a picture of it with my camera so we could find out what it was. It was a Gulf Coast Ribbon Snake, non-poisonous, and doesn't travel in pairs! I had my zoom lens on when taking the picture and was zoomed in all the way. I was probably at least a foot away from the thing but it looked like it was right in my face. I SCREAMED at the top of my lungs when Tyler barely moved it... remember the snake was dead by this point!
Saturday night was MUCH more relaxing... This is what we did... we made baseballs, bats, and gloves. Then we made a football and goal post. I was going to post a picture of mine but don't want you to get jealous of my play dough skills!
After the playing play dough, we played a couple of rounds of UNO. Mallori & Jace absolutely love this game! They are pretty good too!
Let's hope this week goes by more like Saturday.. not Sunday! Oh yea, we did make it to Redbud.. froze to death watching the parade. Each of the kids had 2 long sleeve shirts/sweaters, jackets and pajama bottoms or tights with blue jeans and hoodies on. They were still freezing! I wish I'd thought to take a picture. It would have been a good comparison to last year when they were sun burnt from spending the day in the nice sunshine!



1 comment:
amy! i'm so glad you had a nice weekend (except for the whole snake thing...haha!). can't wait to see you more this week/weekend!
Post a Comment