CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

Lazy Weekend

I feel like I need to update everyone because I'm having blogger withdrawls! However, I'm sure it's affecting me more than you! Jace and I didn't do a whole lot this weekend. We went shopping with my mom and picked up some new shoes for me to go walking in. Of course Jace (rotten little thing that he is) got some new clothes! We also exchanged one of his birthday toys that wasn't working so he got a new Wii game.

On Sunday, I ran with my mom to Wal-Mart to a few things, but mostly so I could see how well my photo shoot with Jace on Saturday turned out. I like to send my photos in to Wal-Mart to proof them before I send them off for real :) Anyway, I print my photos at the little kiosk and bring them to the lady so she can give me an envelope with the price sticker. She paused when she looked at the pictures and flipped through them a few times. No biggie, I've had them think mine were professional before (Not trying to brag but I did think it was kinda cool!) However, the first time, the girl behind the counter was cool with it when I said they were mine and I took them. Not the copyright police I got this time! She examined them a few times, asked to see the originals (umm I just told you I took them.. here's my flash drive, it doesn't get more original than that!) Tyler (and a few other people) have been telling me I need to consider doing photography professionally, so I'd also been playing around with a copyright image. Oops. Apparently that was another red flag...

She had me fill out the form where you sign your life away that they are your pictures, and you are not lying. Then turned to question the man that always works in the photo center. If you go to Silsbee Wal-Mart, you know the one. He's a nice man... going bald.. white hair...glasses? After a few minutes (ok probably seconds) of whispering, he just shrugged his shoulders like it's fine!! Let her go!! I was just about to tell her she could just keep them if she wanted to because I was just trying to proof them and didn't need the proof. I was going to pay because otherwise it would be stealing... when she let me have them!

So the question of the day... here's Exhibit A: The picture as it will actually be printed (Without the copyright Image)

From Anderson Family Photos

Question #1: If you were the lady in Wal-Mart would you questions my honesty?
Question #2: If you were in the market for a photographer, would you actually pay me money to take your pictures?

**On a side note, I don't think I would ever make money in photography. The entire reason I started taking my own pictures was because we couldn't afford good pictures. So I couldn't charge enough to make any money at it because I've been there! I'm thinking if I do go into doing it, I would just charge a little more per print (to cover shipping, etc). If it comes to it, I may be asking for your input again!!

Hope everyone has a good week! I'm excited, I just talked to the people I ordered my purse from and they said to be expecting it at the end of this week!! Yea!

On an even more random note, blogger spellcheck tries to correct Silsbee to slobber.... haha too funny!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Answers:
#1--It is a good picture! :) So, take her questioning as a compliment!
#2--Sure, I'd pay you. You do a great job! :) And, I'm like you on the side note about the price for pictures! Glad you had a relaxing weekend! :)

Melissa said...

Amy - I think you take some pretty awesome pictures...for a while, I didn't even realize those were yours that you were posting. I think you could make a go of it...You've got some talent...and nothing says you have to acquire every penny in someone's bank account to do their pictures...:-) Keep it up!