CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Perfect Pet

Soon after I wrote the below post with Jace's help, we went outside to fly kites. While outside, I discovered the perfect pet for little Jace. In case you don't know the story behind us and pets.. let me begin there. Since Tyler and I have been married we have had 1 cat, 7 dogs, and 1 fish. Apparently, we are definitely NOT dog people! We had 3 stolen, 1 die, 1 sold because it was too hyper and took over the back yard, 1 hauled off (I wasn't happy about that one! But it had the mange and we had no money to treat it...). We've picked them up off the side of the road, taken them off people's hands, picked them out as soon as they were born, taken them off people's hands, went to the Humane Society and picked them out, had them dropped off, paid lots of money for a full-blood one.

The last one we had was dropped off at our house (thanks Ashley & Lauren!) We tried to give it away but in the end kept him since he was so cute. He was afraid of the dark and barked all night. He ran off to the neighbors and we had to buy an electric fence to keep him in the yard. He caught the puppy mange and we paid over $300 dollars to treat it. He was playful but not jumpy. He was SMART. He learned how to fetch by watching another dog. He went to the farm with Tyler, survived a hurricane, and warned us when people came up. However, despite all of his good traits... he liked wires. Starting with the neighbors generator during Ike and finally ending with Tyler's barbecue pit. That was the final straw. Not the wires under the truck, not pulling the water hose and breaking one of the water lines... the grill was the only thing with wires except for the air conditioner that was in his radio fence circle. We all loved the dog but really could not afford to replace the AC!! We didn't know how to break him of it either! Off to the Humane Society he went. We still miss him and have finally decided we are NOT dog people! I've been thinking about getting a cat to eat snakes and mice but haven't yet.

All of that to say today, Jace and I discovered the perfect pet! Jace has named him Jace. He's not furry, doesn't bite, won't fetch, doesn't swim. He's low maintenance and has a life span of 2 years. He was completely free, and his food and house are too. He's cute, small, and black. He lives on the book case by Jace's room in here...


Any guesses to what he is?? Actually, I use the term he loosely. I really have no idea. Jace has named him Jace though (I know creative kid huh?) so we're going with boy terms!

Give up??


Meet Jace, the rolly polly (or pill) bug


1 comment:

Jo said...

haha...this cracks me up amy!!! :)