#1. My boss has been talking to Mr. Coon himself about decorations for our office. Long story short (to use one of my daddy's phrases), He owns a historic building downtown (the Kyles building). We are consolidating all of our Beaumont offices - yes we have more than one! - into the one building. He wants to decorate with pictures of the Kyles building for different eras. I've known for a while that I would be in charge of finding pictures of the building before we bought it. Today, my boss tells me that the scope of the project has expanded. Brent wants modern pictures.....and guess who gets to be the "photographer"? **drum roll** ME! How'd you guess. So if I get some good pictures, my photos will be on display around the building..... Kinda cool if you ask me!
#2. This one really doesn't have to do with work except it's my boss whose giving me the hook-up. Apparently, LIT fire academy graduates do a night fire as part of their graduation tradition.
Friends and family are invited to go and watch them set a building on fire at night and put it out. So her cousin who is graduating mentioned that he wanted them to make sure they got some good pictures so she asked me if I wanted to go with her! She's also a photo nut so she'll be snapping away too. I'm just excited about the opportunity. How often do you get to do that and not worry about what is burning down?!?! If I took pictures of a "real" fire where someone's property was in danger, I'd feel like I was taking advantage of the situation. However I have no shame taking advantage of a planned fire!
Long story short :) Be looking for some good Wordless Wednesdays coming up!!! (Hopefully at least)



1 comment:
sounds awesome, amy! can't wait to see some of your pics!!!
and, yes, i am hoping some blog accountability will hold me to my goals! :) i did run today, so that's a start!!! my legs are already killing me!!!! :)
Post a Comment