So here is my own Not Me! Monday. It basically stems from the concept of the not me kid that lives in our houses. You know when you ask who colored on the walls and all of the kids yell "Not Me!"
This Morning: I most definitely did not snooze the alarm for 30 minutes before getting up to set the oven timer for another 20 minutes. If I had done that (which thankfully I did not), I would have been almost 30 minutes late to work. I did not put more butter on Jace's waffle simply because the other butter had melted in and he likes to see his butter. I would never accelerate clogging his arteries. I did not straighten my hair until it looked as good as it ever does and then complete my outfit with a tee-shirt and tennis shoes. That would be silly to waste a good hair day looking sloppy. If I had put on said tee-shirt, it would never be because my other clothes were all dirty and my laundry room looks like it exploded. I did not tell Jace to wake up Daddy by jumping on him. That would end in a very grumpy (yet awake) Daddy. I did not sit on the couch with Jace and wish for just one more day to spend with him without going to work. For crying out loud, I just had 5! Once I got to my mom (remember I was definitely not running late because I did not oversleep at all), I did not waste another few minutes talking to/looking at baby Jessie. I did not head out the door once my mother said she had to change his diaper.
At Work: I did not chicken out and have the runner change my light bulb because of I was afraid of the ladder. I did not make my boss worry about her upcoming trip. I also did not have a hot chocolate break in the kitchen. If I had taken a hot chocolate break in the kitchen, it would not have taken 6 women to figure out the exact science to making a cup of hot chocolate. (3 taps and two heaping spoonful of mix to a cup full of water). I did not burn my mouth trying to test the hot chocolate before it cooled off. I most definitely did not change my blog background while at work, or look for the perfect Christmas card!
After work: I did not spend all day complaining about going to Wal-Mart and then go to Wal-Mart after all. I did not spend over $100 at the quick trip to Wal-Mart that I did not have. On the way home from this trip (that of course never happened) I didn't swindle my mother into inviting us over for supper because I was not starving and didn't mind waiting for food. I DEFINITELY did not laugh at my mother's misfortune that she ran over her one eyed dog (even though SHE made the joke).
When I got home: I didn't let Jace talk me into letting him stay up a little late to do a "program" (project) with Mommy. I did not kick my husband off the computer to do this and even if I had I made sure the house was spotless first. As I type this, I am not going to scamper off to bed without doing anymore house work than is already done!




1 comment:
yes, that really was the vehicle parked outside of the restaurant....crazy!!! how was your thanksgiving??? did you have a good trip?
Post a Comment