Disclaimer #1: No matter how this ends up sounding, I love Mallori with all of my heart and treat her like she is 100% mine. I cannot tell you the nights I have laid awake wishing she was mine and crying because she never will be fully mine.
Disclaimer #2: Mallori's personality is extremely complex, and liable to change at any moment. She's not predictable like Jace is.
Now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's get started.
Mallori is my little girl whose 100% little girl 75% little boy. She loves to go shopping, talk on the phone, (ok just talk in general! The girl talks in her sleep!), and would rather wear a dress and heels than shorts and tennis shoes any day. However, she would rather be in the yard playing baseball than sitting getting her nails done. She HATES to have her hair done, loves to get dirty (I mean absolutely filthy), and likes to go fishing with her daddy.
She's MOODY! My new nickname for her is Melodramatic, Moody, Mallori. This replaces my nicknames of Eeyore, little rain cloud and night owl. She likes to pretend to be unhappy. She will sulk just because she thinks she might get attention and trust me, she's not attention starved! We are slowly learning to deal with her range of emotions though. We try to tell her it is ok to be mad, upset, whatever, but it's also ok to be happy and she is the one who chooses how she reacts. At the same time, sulking and making everyone else miserable is not ok. If she must sulk, she has to go to her room.
She's HILEROUS! I cannot count the number of pictures I have where she is sitting as serious as can be and everyone around her is laughing their heads off. She says the funniest things! For example, on her birthday Ashley was calling her boyfriend to see where he was. Mallori and Ashley's conversation went something like this....
Ashley: I wonder where that boy is?
Mallori: Who?
Ashley: My boyfriend.
Mallori: Chris? (for those of you who don't know, Chris is Ashley's previous boyfriend)
Ashley: No, his name is Jeremy.
Mallori: What happened to Chris?
Ashley: Blank look...
Me: She traded him in.
Ashley: Nods in confirmation.
Mallori: Oh? Well then give him to me BABY!
We were laughing so hard the guys outside could hear us!!! That brings me to another thing about Mallori. She is obsessed with what I call life events: getting married, having kids, death, you name it. We bought the movie Mulan when she was 3. I had to quit letting her watch it because we had to have long discussions about war and why they were going to war and what happened to Mulan's father.... you get the point.
She's very insightful and picks up on emotions right off the bat. Perhaps because her emotions are always bubbling at the surface. There is no hiding when something is wrong. She will find you out every time!
Unlike Jace, she is very stranger leary. She usually won't talk to a stranger first. (I see this as a good thing.) I've always said I didn't have to worry about someone grabbing her because she would let everyone in hearing distance know she wasn't with them! She is calming down some though. She will talk to people that she can tell we know. For the longest time, she wouldn't talk to some family members!
She loves to be the center of attention and will do just about anything to be in it. She has no shame making a full of herself and is completely goofy. It's almost impossible to take a good picture of her because she always wants to goof off. I blame this on her Aunt Lala.
Mallori is a little genius. We have always thought so but everyone else confirms this. She could recognize all of her letters and tell you what sounds they made by the time she was 3. She's known her colors and shapes as long as I can remember. She has a photgentic memory and can remember anything. When she was about 3, she remembered a building she went in when she was 18 months old! She even told me what she had to go there for!
She's accident prone! She's been to the ER 7 times that I can remember off the top of my head!
She's fearless. She'll try anything. She has no problem jumping out of the boat and into the lake with her daddy.
She's trustworthy. Once Tyler held her ankles about chest high so her stomach was even with his head and told her to fall backwards. She did it several times before he made her stop!
Well there you have it, that's our Mallori in a nut shell! I could go on and on but I need to go to bed sometime tonight! :) Sorry it has taken so long for this post. Things are just more hetic when we actually have Mallori! It's crazy that adding one extra person to a family creates so much more work! Also she's in activities and has homework (yes, in kindergarten!) and I'm exhausted by the time I get everyone bathed and fed! haha!



1 comment:
hey amy! i got mallori's message last night! sorry i didn't answer...never heard my phone ring! you'll have to let her log on to the webkinz website and play! :)
Post a Comment