This morning started at about 4:30am when Jace started screaming “MOMMY! MOMMY!” He had a bad dream. I drug his bed into my room. (Thankfully he still sleeps on a baby mattress in his toddler bed!) I told him about my dream… we were at an ice cream store picking out ice cream. After that I went back to sleep.
Getting ready for work was pretty uneventful (thank goodness). Then we had to run to Kaine’s to pick up some Cheetos for Mallori’s Thanksgiving Feast. We got ½ way down our road and I told Mallori to put her jacket on. Ooppss bad Mommy didn’t make sure we all had jackets before we left. So Mallori had to wear my jacket into the store. Jace made me carry him because it was freezing cold. Who knew it would be 40 degrees outside! While there, Jace sneezed and we had to do a mad search for some Kleenex. Finally got out of Kaine’s and headed to Nana’s.
Jessie was awake when we got there so I had to hold him for a little while Nana fixed breakfast for the rugrats. He’s just a little doll!
The trip to work was mostly uneventful. I had some time to myself *sigh* sometimes I’m glad I have to drive 40 minutes to work! I get there, check a few emails. My next project: finishing off the last of the 1700 Christmas invitations to the Los Lonely Boys concert. We had to stuff them, seal them (with glue sticks) stick a return address label and address label on, and run them through the postage meter. This took us about 2 days over 3 days (we had two ½ days).
During this time, I made a run across the street to Shipley’s to get donuts and kolaches. The joys of being the one who makes the run, I got a Bavarian cream filled one and chocolate milk! Then back to stuffing envelopes.
Once that was over, I went back to doing typical HR stuff: processing terminations, entering COBRA information, checking emails, etc. Lunch was a SlimFast bar (maybe that balanced out the donut!) in my office while surfing the net.
After lunch I went into my boss’s office and got into a conversation about the book I’m currently reading (she just finished). This lead to a discussion about Roman history, art, and a google search for famous sculptures.
Other things that happened at work: I looked at one of our client’s really nice 2 seater convertible car. I got in a discussion about December 25th not being Jesus’s birthday and the celebration of Christmas/birthdays especially about how it pertains to Jehovah Witness. Had an HR Thanksgiving celebration at Baskin Robins. Searched for 15 minutes for an email one of us wrote in May. Then it was time to go home!
On the way home I solved the world’s problems and thought about what I would write to you people J Seriously. I did! I picked up the kids at my grandmother’s, had to spank Jace to get him in the car and listened to Mallori and Jace argue most of the way home.
Supper was grilled cheese and Cheetos. Then we walked the dog in the dark to get him used to his new wireless fence and fed him leftovers. Mallori spotted a mouse in the garage and then drew pictures of him to chase me around the house with. Now here I am ignoring 2 million questions from a little girl on what I’m doing and discussing what we are thankful for! She’s making a list… she’s getting entirely too big! Ok well I’m sure my “glimpse” is getting boring by now.
On a different note, I think I am going to start Wordless Wednesdays tomorrow. It is an idea that I stole from someone else’s blog. You post a picture every Wednesday and no words. At least you will get one post from me a week!



1 comment:
i like the ideas of wordless wednesdays!!! :) can't wait to see what pictures you post! hope you have a happy thanksgiving!!!
Post a Comment