CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Winnie Trade Days

We headed out to the Winnie Trade days today. My mom and Tyler love to go and since they won't go alone, together, Jace and I tagged along. Don't get me wrong. It's OK. I like to look at all of the stuff as long as it's not too hot and I can stop when I want to. However, my mom likes to look at dishes, flowers, jewelry, and house decorations; Tyler likes to look at tools, furniture, guns, knives, and guy stuff. This means that we stop at EVERY booth and look at EVERYTHING! That gets to be a little much.

Today Jace and I had a mission though. We were going to find a police car Hot Wheels. It is just about the only one that he doesn't have! We were playing cars this morning and had a crash. When we called the cops, a cowboy Patrick (from Spongebob) was the one who showed up. Thank goodness we were all OK. I don't know if Patrick could have handled a real emergency!

After digging though a couple of boxes of Hot Wheels, we found a police car sitting on a table. Jace swiped it up about the time the lady came over and told us (with a look of please don't break it!!) that those were collector edition Hot Wheels and cost $2. In case you haven't priced Hot Wheels recently, they are $0.97 at Wal-Mart for brand new ones. I told Jace to put it back that we would keep looking and if we didn't find another one, we would go back. At one of the last stands, we found one for $4. By this time, Jace was not walking, he was being carried by (you guessed it) me. I decided $2 dollars more was worth not having to carry 40lbs all the way back to the beginning!

On another note, Jace is a talker... and he NEVER meets a stranger. We stopped at almost all of the booths to talk to the people who were running them. He even got a free poster from one guy. Which resulted in his other two Hot Wheels because we felt like we had to buy something from the guy after that! Another man told me he would trade some ceder furniture for Jace. Jace said no... and I liked the rocker too! Two women were laughing at him and telling me how cute he was... All he did was walk by. Another man and woman got him to talking and got the whole story about how he gets to move up a Sunday School class and won't be in Nana's anymore. I had to literally DRAG him away from several people. You want to just tell people not to encourage because he would stand there and talk to them all day! This is the same little boy who befriended a homeless lady at the Buna "park" and had her pushing him on a swing! He has not fear when it comes to people which scares me to death! We keep a very close eye on him anytime we are in public!

Just thought I'd share. I hope all of the people that I imagine are reading this are having a great weekend also!

No comments: