CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 29, 2008

I HATE hospitals!

I repeat... I HATE HOSPITALS! Needles, blood, the smell of disinfectant, people sounding like they are dying, thinking about germs every time you turn the corner, worrying, doctors in no hurry, trying not to think about what they are doing to who ever you are there for... I hate everything about them!

We have been three times in the past two weeks! Let me explain a little further. I had NEVER... NEVER been to the ER (for me or anyone else) before I met Tyler. Call me lucky, call me fortunate, call me stupid, whatever... we just didn't go, you waited until the doctor was open. Also we weren't crazy kids who did things like set up two trampolines and jump over a fence!

Whatever the cause, I survived 18 years of my life without stepping foot in an ER or having any hospital stays. Now that I've met Tyler, I've been 4 times for him, 7 times for Mallori, 2 times for myself, and 1 for Jace. A little ridiculous don't you think? I do!

To make a long story short... Here are our trips listed out..

  1. A couple of days after the hurricane, Tyler stands up under a carport at Sean's and finds the flag pole bracket. After a consult with about 3 EMTS, we go to ER. Result: 2 stitches
  2. Jace runs after a ball in his room (why were we throwing balls AND running in the house?) Lands on the first two fingers on his right hand with them bent. We think nothing is wrong, just hurts, but he keeps crying... very unlike Jace. The next morning, both fingers are bruised across his middle knuckle. We take him to the doctor who sends us for X-rays. Jace's favorite part of the day was getting to see his bones! Result: Nothing broken. Just give him Motrin. Which we didn't have to do for the tough little booger.
  3. Tyler calls me at work and completely freaks me out. (Just ask the girls in the office!) He is having his headaches again, a sharp pain right above/behind his right eye. However, the room starts spinning, his ears are ringing and popping, he falls if standing up and vomits and his face goes numb. Result: About 6 hours in the ER with a cat scan, lap results, and the threat of a spinal tap, they tell us to go see his doctor tomorrow at 1:30.... in case you missed it.. they didn't do ANYTHING! No medicine for the nausea, nothing they can do for the ringing in the ears, no pain meds for the headaches, not even something to knock him out until tomorrow. GGRRR not only did we waste who knows how much $$$$ but we wasted an entire day and no answers! In case you can't tell, I'm FRUSTRATED! Apparently, they can't even do an MRI in ER without admitting you....
On a happier note, Mallori had her first soccer game and practice and enjoys it. She was upset about her daddy being sick because "he can't been my coach.. he's sick." I'm hoping he's OK by then baby!

No comments: