12:00 noon Monday: Finally finish packing up and hit the road. Me, Tyler, 2 kids, my mom, grandmother, my grandmother's friend and two dogs (I mean puppies.. we're not allowed to say the "d" word).
8ish Monday night: We arrive in Benbrook!! I'll spare you the details about that journey but let's just said the kids ended up colorful but were actuallly VERY VERY good! Much better than our last evacuation when Jace SCREAMED the entire way to Arkansas! Here's a picture of Jace when we arrived at the hotel. We finally got into bed after we all took showers. Jace and I slept in one bed and Tyler Mallori took the other. They threw a fit to sleep with us (ok with me) and we weren't in the mood to fight by that time! 7:30 Sunday morning: "Mommy's the sun is up" We go downstairs for breakfast. They had a waffle maker that made waffels in the shape of Texas! I was impressed! Then it was off to the zoo!! The whole crew went and the kids had a pretty good time. Towards the end, they got tired of walking and they were just hot! But at least we got to go do something fun!


2:00pm Sunday: We get back to the hotel and eat our ice cream from Braum's.. YUMMY! Then it's time for a much needed nap!
4:30pm Sunday: Wakey wakey! We change into our bathing suits. (I had prevsiously won the battle with Mallori over wearing it to bed) and it's off to the pool. This was a complete workout for Mommy! My kids are little fish and LOVE the water but that comes with it's disadvantages. The shallowest point of the water (other than the steps) was 4 foot. Neither one of them could touch bottom. This meant that I had to stay in arms reach of both of them and frequently let them hang on and rest. Not as easy as it sounds.. remember I said they were fish? They can both swim just far enough to get into trouble!
5:30pm Daddy gets back from site seeing with Gramma. He brings back cowboy hats!! The kids absolutely love them. Jace takes to saying "Howdy partner" and tipping his hat to any one who came up! 6:oopm We all split up and went out to eat. We went to the Macaroni Grill. First time I've ever been there. A must if you've never done it before! Then we went to see Ms. Kathy and give Lauren her soaking wet wallet... ooppss!
This morning it was on the road again at 10 and home by 5. Unpack and try to relax!!! I really don't like all of this hurricane mess!



No comments:
Post a Comment