So Tuesday, I go ahead and take her to the doctor. I know, I know. We are a little skittish now about anything to do with ears around our family! But in my defense, every time Mallori has gotten an ear infection it’s been like this. A small cough, few sneezes, no fever, then up ALL NIGHT long and no additional symptoms.
She was playing Bubblegum Bubblegum until her doctor came in. She heard him at the door and jumped in my lap and acted like she couldn’t hold her head up and started moaning. He even said “Not short on the dramatics are we?” Every knows Mallori! He told her that sure enough “This ear is angry. Let’s check the other one. Nope, it’s happy!”
She’s got an antibiotic and ear drops and is fine all day yesterday and all night last night. Fast forward to this morning. She’s mad at me for making her go to school, screams while I brush her hair, and tells her daddy that I refuse to give her medicine to her! At my mom’s she tries to get Nana to let her stay home from school too. Not happening, Sweetie!
I get a text around 10:30 from Holly that Mallori is in the nurses office because her ear hurts. The little sneak! She always tells the nurse whose house she is at and who to call. Holly lets me know that she’s going to get Mallori. Sure enough, about an hour later, she texts back to say that Mallori is fine. She’s wanting to get up and play.
She’d just found a one-way ticket out of school for the day. Guess what though Miss Mallori? It only works once and tomorrow is a brand new day!
What are we going to do when she’s 13!?!?!



No comments:
Post a Comment