CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 29, 2008

We survived!!

Well we did it! All of us survived one week of kindergarten... well almost! I want to bust out in a chorus of "I will survivie.." However, we had a little hiccup! The nurse called me today to tell me that Mallori was in her office "sucking her thumb and wailing around it." WOW!

She claimed to have an earache but I was suspecious. Mallori tries to hide what is really wrong behind "symptoms". Tommy ache, headache, ear ache... you get the picture. But I could hear her in the background so for the sake of the nurse (and Mrs. West) I sent Nana to go get her. Tyler actually ended up getting there first so he picked her up.

Turns out one of the little boys was picking on her. He was bossing her around. Apparently she can dish it out but can't take it! They discussed what she needs to do next time and hopefully, I won't get another phone call!

Other than that one little snafu, it seems like this week went well. She got smiley faces for every day this week!

Jace also got a little Mommy time. We went to the football game and since neither of us knew what was going on, we played little games to keep each other amused. We spent an entire quarter playing with a piece of tape... it's called improvising people!!

Now I'm going to kick two kids out of my bed so I can go to sleep. Trying to get a system in place to notify 200+ people of what we are doing when/if Gustav hits is extremely stressful and tiresome!!!

No comments: