CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kindergarten

Mallori got to meet her kindergarten teacher yesterday!! She was excited until we got to the classroom. Then, all of a sudden, she turned into the Hulk and had a DEATH grip on mine and Tyler's hands. We carefully pulled her into the room. I think things were just a little overwhelming for her for a couple of seconds.. Then she hears "MALLORI!!!" Thank goodness! She knows someone! One of the little girls, Kenley from her pre-school is in her class. Kenley's mom told us they were waiting on us because Kenley was also a little worried. Looks like the kiddos thought that all of the Buna people who went to All Faith's would be in the same class!

Mallori kept shying away from Mrs. West, her teacher and Mrs. West was busy, so I showed Mallori around the room. We looked at her schedule and what she would do every day. Then we looked at all of the cool stuff, computer, pictures, map, reading center.... you get the point. When we made it back around to Mrs. West, she wasn't as busy with other parents so we got to speak to her for a minute. By this time Mallori was excited again about all of the things she would get to do and got to talking. Mrs. West mentioned that it wasn't as bad as Mallori first thought. Of course, typically Mallori, at this she clams up and looks around like "ooppss... I let my guard down and started having fun and not freaking out" I just looked over her head and quietly told Mrs. West that she tends to be a little dramatic. Mrs. West had the look of ohhh I see, and then said that's good... she likes girly girls! Well we shall see!! Mallori will test just about any one's patience. Trust me I love the girl to death but she will!

She went and saw and she's still excited!! This is a good sign! She keeps asking me when school starts even though two seconds before she's telling me that it starts Monday and she has two more days. I hope she stays excited!! She's also been telling everyone who her new teacher is and that she misspelled her name. There's not an e on the end.

Tyler fussed at me for bringing my camera, so I tried not to go TOO crazy with the camera. I will post some pictures from her first day after Monday.

1 comment:

Jo said...

it's so hard to believe she's already starting kindergarten! she looks excited in the pics!!! can't wait to see more from Monday!!! :)