We found out we were expecting a new little bundle of joy on Thursday, September 20th. The newest member of our family is set to arrive around May 19, 2013. Nana is hoping he or she holds out one day and can share a birthday with her!
As soon as we found out, we put plans in place to tell all of our family and friends. First, I went over to Kelley's house and made Mallori and Jace shirts that said "Big Sister Again" and "Big Brother." She had pretty much figured out what I was up to, but didn't officially know until I told her what to put on Jace's shirt.
Next, I took Carla to Beaumont to go shopping with me. We went to ToysRUs and I pulled into the Stork Parking for Expectant Mothers. Carla pointed out that it wasn't a normal parking spot and asked "you're not expecting, are you?" I looked over at her and she knew. We were giggling and jumping up and down in the car like crazy people, so we went to another store. A lady was looking at us funny! Then we spent the rest of the afternoon baby shopping! For everything boy that I touched, she made me touch something really girly. We can hope right?
We told the kids that night by presenting their shirts to them. We didn't say anything, just let them read it. We caught their reaction on video so I'll have to see if I can post it. Mallori was super excited and got it right away. I think Jace was in shock! But as soon as the shock wore off, the was thrilled.
After we told the kids, we had them put their shirts on and then we went to Nana's. We told the kids not to say anything. They were grinning so big (and getting along) that she knew they were up to something! She finally read their shirts and it clicked. We went out to Pawpaw's shop to show him also. He didn't read the shirts until we finally pointed it out to him and then he thought about the show Big Brother. Not quite!!
Saturday, after soccer and football, we went to see Gramma and Mr. Ricky. Aunt Ashley came over also to see us. The kids changed out of their jerseys and into their new shirts. Gramma read Jace's first and asked if it was the TV show. When we shook our heads no, Aunt Ashley came running over to hug us! I think she and Baby Charlotte are excited!
I'm off to take a weekly picture so be looking for that update next! Speaking of pictures, below is our Facebook announcement!
Until next time,




No comments:
Post a Comment