CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Yea a three day weekend. And what NO plans!?! Not one single one? Double yea! Or maybe triple yea!

I managed to get off early on Friday and had enough time to pick up Jace from school. He was surprised and it took him a minute to figure out which car to go to! He says I was also pulled up in the wrong spot…

From school, we went and signed him up for Extreme Soccer. After two years of waiting, he can finally play! He’s very excited and practices using his basketball as a soccer ball. Somehow at the house, we have two basketballs but no soccer balls. I think we need to correct this soon! We hung out at the house Friday night and made plans to go to the farmer’s market first thing Saturday morning.

The farmer’s market is held every Saturday until October 30 in the parking lot of the downtown public library in Beaumont. We have wanted to check it out so with nothing else on the agenda, we went for it! We ended up with 2 kinds of home-made bread, a jar of pickles, 7 or 8 canning pears, and a watermelon. Mama went with us and bought even more stuff. We had a delicious supper that night: fried okra, fried green tomatoes, fried long-horn cutlets, corn, and rosemary bread. Delicious! …Not healthy, but delicious!

I did a lot of reading on Saturday while I encouraged Jace to play by himself. I’ve never seen a kid that would rather stare at me than get his toys and play. At one point, he was willing to go through his toys and give some away as long as I’d do it with him! Ummm, No! Not how I want to spend my weekend!! He finally found a dart gun and started shooting things outside. That was fun until it got stuck on the roof!

Sunday was Tyler’s and my first attempt at teaching Sunday School. I think it went well. Since it was Labor Day weekend, we only had 3 other people in the class. Well, I hope it was because it was Labor Day weekend! They might have run for the hills when they found out we’d be teaching! Sunday was concluded with an afternoon nap and then more reading for me. My boss gave me the second book in a trilogy and I was hooked!! It was one of those you couldn’t stop reading.

Monday was a pajama day!! Naturally, Jace was excited. He loves pajama days (basically, he stays in his pj’s all day) because it means he doesn’t have to go anywhere! I don’t know where he gets it from, but he’s definitely a homebody!!!

It lasted almost all day. He started karate again so he changed into his gi, went to karate, came home, took a shower, and got back into pajamas! During the day, we played a game of Phase 10 Dice and Jace won, again. Not just by a little either! This kid is lucky. Think I could smuggle him into a casino? He must have all the luck that Tyler and I don’t! Maybe he can at least pick the lotto numbers…. it’s worth a shot right?!?!?!

No comments: