Last Thursday, I had a rare opportunity to stay home with Jace during the week. We were playing in his room (yes, I put off cleaning and about 500 other things I needed to do just to sit and play with him). I kept thinking about different aspects of his personality and how much they show even though he is only 3 (almost 4.. AAHH!) So here's a little peak into Jace's personality.....
First, he's so considerate... especially for a 3 year old. They are only supposed to think about themselves. Right? We were playing a song. He was banging on his drum and tambourine (which doubles as a drum and symbols at the same time!) He stops playing and makes me get out his Thomas the Train tent. Why you ask? "because some people don't like our hanging and banging." That translates to in case someone doesn't want to hear me play my drums... He continued to play the rest of the time in his Thomas tent. Then one of Tyler's friends, Travis, came over. Jace wanted to show him his new gun but made Travis come into this room because Daddy didn't like his gun. It's too loud. If he even thinks you may have hurt yourself, he is the first to run over and make sure you are OK. I'm pretty clumsy so I hear "Mommy, are you ok?!?!?" A LOT! You can hear the true concern in his little voice. He also periodically asks if he can give his toys away to the kids who don't have them and prays for those same kids at night. WOW! He truly has a heart for others already!
Second, he's so creative! When we were playing songs in his room, he was making them up. Here's a sample of his songs... "Tooth Fairy please do the thing I tell youuuu; Please like take my teeth out right now." "Sit down Jace; Sit down Mommy; Sit up everyone else there; everyone else there; therrrrreeeeee, therreeeee, therreeee, please" He was about 18 months old when he composed his first song. He would sing(/scream while jumping up and down) "SPIDERS WON'T COME INNNNNNN... SPIDERS WON'T COME INNNN" over and over in the same tune. He did this for a couple of weeks before he forgot about it!
Third, he's particular!! About everything! If you have ever played cars with him, you know this! He won't let you pick what car you want. He pretends to let you but then finds something wrong with every car you pick until you have the one he wants you to have. If he has them lined up, you have to start picking from the end and you end up with the car at the front... EVERY time! It's fun to mess with him though. For example during our little jam session, I got to play the maracas. I thought I'd change things up a bit and held them in the same hand. He stopped playing to show me how to hold them (one in each hand, right side up). So being the wonderful mommy that I am, I put one in each hand, upside down and started playing. He stops again takes them from me and says "No, like this." Then hands them back. We did this a few more times before I got it :) He's patient with you though. He seldom gets aggravated or mad, he just shows you over and over.
He has also bought into the rock star mentality. I asked if I could play the drums for a little while (trying to seize the opportunity to reinforce sharing which he only has a problem with when it comes to his drum). His reply "Singers and players don't have to share." Well, I tried...
There are so many other small aspects I could spend all night talking about it... He has the "it" factor. Girls (of all ages) flock to him. He never meets a stranger. He's easy going and seldom gets upset by anything. He's up for trying new experiences. He hates loud noises. He knows almost all the words to the "Woohoowoohooo song" (All I Want To Do by Sugerland) and sings them without shame.... even the ones about putting make up on. He loves to help, anyone, anytime. I could go on, but thankfully for you, it's bedtime! Until next time....
A Hidden Cost of Missions
9 years ago



2 comments:
Oh Amy! I love this post!!! You are an amazing mom!!! Jace is awesome!!! :)
I'm the only one that adds on the JO!!!! I wonder why??? lol!
Post a Comment